Chez Lumiali Bijoux is a micro-enterprise declared to the CMA (Chamber of Trades).
Small business based in Charente (16)
𝙇𝙞𝙫𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨
All shipments to France and the EU are made by registered letters.
- tracking information for your shipment is available on the Internet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 60 days.
- the Tracked Letter is sent within 48 hours (indicative time) and in 3 days to the main European cities (indicative time).
- Co2 neutral
Chez Lumiali Bijoux is a micro business. The application thresholds of the micro-enterprise tax regime are not the same as those of the VAT-based franchise. A micro-entrepreneur can perfectly be subject to VAT, which is our case!
That means I don't charge VAT on my products!
Card payments are based on credit card, paypal and check for orders outside the site.
Even without an account, you can pay for your purchases.
Now the sore topic: How are the prices of handmade jewelry set? Why such discrepancies with industrial jewellery?
Industrial jewelery is mass-produced in large quantities, using materials that are not always of very good quality and under questionable conditions...
The manufacturing techniques are not at all comparable with handmade jewellery, so the prices are not comparable either!
When you buy one of our jewels (or a handcrafted creation in general), you pay for the jewel but not only.
Indeed, you pay for our working time (the work of the craftsman) but also for everything behind it:
- The raw material / the materials / the manufacture (some models are more complex and therefore take longer to produce) / the packaging / the hosting of the website / the advertisements / the commissions on the payments...
Indeed, a craftsman is multi-disciplinary and has many hats.
He is both:
- webmaster (putting creations online: photos and writing product sheets)
- community manager (and in the era of social networks, it's a job in its own right!)
- after-sales service manager
- handler (all shipments)
The price of handmade jewelry may be higher than that of large retailers, but they are not at all in the same category! And above all, some pieces are UNIQUE.
Keep in mind that when you buy handmade jewelry, in addition to rarity and uniqueness, you are paying for know-how, special techniques, but above all you recognize and value the work of the craftsman, who puts his heart into what he does!
My jewelry is made using the micro macramé technique, which consists of making a series of knots. There is therefore an infinity of possibilities in manufacturing.That's why I love micro macrame♥
What is macrame?
ALL my micro macrame jewelry is made with Linhasita waxed polyester thread of various thicknesses (05-1mm) originating from Brazil. Linhasita Brazilian Waxed Yarn is made from 4 strands of waxed polyester, wrapped together to form a yarn.
It's also strong, mildew resistant and washable.
Its advantage is that the knots made hold. Knots no longer slip or come undone with this yarn.
In addition to the wire, some jewelry is made with beads or cabochons in natural stones, wooden elements, raw brass.